A photo series dedicated to changing perceptions about abandonment.
Buildings from days gone by left abandoned with their fallen walls, broken glass and caved in roofs.
Homeless animals discarded like trash, left emotionally broken to fend for themselves.
Both tell the world a sad story of neglect and abandonment.
But there is so much more to their stories – and I want to share them.
Abandoned Beauty tells the stories of abandoned buildings and animals and how true beauty still remains underneath those rough exteriors. With some love, care and patience animals can turn into priceless family members and buildings can be brought back to their former architectural beauty.
I am thrilled to be partnering with Preservation New Jersey on this awareness project. Preservation New Jersey started in 1978 and is a non-profit organization that focuses on historic preservation through education and awareness.
Photo sessions will be primarily held at historic locations that need exposure to raise funds for repairs and restoration, so your sharing and support is greatly appreciated!
This project would not be possible without their support!
There is no compensation or fee to be a part of this campaign – all you need is a rescue pet and 1-2 hours of your time for the photo shoot!
I will be working with Preservation NJ on finding historic locations and getting approvals from land owners for entry.
Once I receive approval for a location I will reach out to all applicants in that area to see who would be available for a session!
- Maximum of 1 pet per session
- All rescue pets are welcome
- Pets MUST have been adopted from or currently with a rescue
- Pet owner must remain for the entire shoot and assist as needed and be 21 or over
- Please bring treats and water as needed
- Session will take about 60 – 90 minutes max
- Campaign sessions will begin on or about March 1, 2021 and will either be in the early morning or early evening
- Pets will be required to wear a standard collar leash for the session – no harness type collars can be used
- Prints & products will be available for purchase. All proceeds will be donated. 50% will go to Preservation NJ and the other half will be donated to a NJ shelter or rescue to be selected by the CharityPaws readers on Facebook at the end of the project.
- Signature on release waiver will be required to use pets name, story and details in print
If you have additional questions – just ask!
You can call me at 732.241.5365 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for helping me make a difference!
Other model calls will happen throughout the year so stay tuned! You can follow https://www.facebook.com/charitypaws on Facebook to get more information and updates or visit CharityPaws and sign up for the newsletter!
What Will A Session Be Like?
Most sessions will be done at a historic building in the state of NJ that needs exposure to get funding and be repaired.
- A typical session will have a few shots of your pet with the full building in the background.
- Additional images will be close up shots of your pet with some of the unique architectural details of the building.
- If we are allowed inside – we will get some images indoors as well!
This is the opportunity to see some cool places up close and in person – so if you are an architecture buff like me – this is anot miss session opportunity.
Interested in being a part of the project?
Be sure to read the details before submitting your application. Once a location is ready in your area, I will reach out to see if you are available and schedule a date!
Future Plans For The Series
Media outreach for the project to:
1. Bring more exposure to the plight of homeless animals and why we should not “judge a book by its cover”.
2. Help people understand the importance of our historic buildings and how their demise can change the landscape of our history and heritage.
A photo calendar and coffee table book will be available late 2021 / early 2022 which will features stories of the animals and buildings.
100% of net proceeds from both will be split between various animal rescues and Preservation NJ.
Would you like to be involved in this project?
If you have an idea, suggestion or would like to be a project sponsor – please contact me directly at 732.241.5365 to discuss.